Global Air

Global Air is an alliance of virtual airlines working together.

Recruitment Strategy - Going Forward

Aras_Bey

Recruitment Strategy - Going Forward

Post by Aras_Bey on Tue Apr 03, 2018 11:17 am

Hey all,

As we have reached 20 members roster recently, I wanted to update you on our recruitment strategy going forward:

- Any member who has been offline for two weeks without prior notice will be 'the first one to expel',
    - We are keeping track of participation in Group Purchases on our forums on a monthly basis. We will review the participation at the end of each month, and (if) any members who have not participated will be 'the first one to expel',
    - If participation of a/some member(s) is way less than the majority of the alliance, these members will be 'the first one to expel',
    - We announce the 'Danger List' on a monthly basis only on the forums on a monthly basis so that those members might contact other alliances as they please,
    - We will be recruiting only Gold Star members going forward, and once we receive a promising application, 'the first one to expel' will be expelled to open space for the applicant.
    - To keep a balance between the long term participation and short term participation of a member, we will keep track of every member's cumulative contribution to purchases (starting from April 3). In that case, if a member was not as active as they used to be in a particular month due to personal reasons, they will not be 'first one to expel'. This will be kept only on a 6 months rolling period - i.e. the purchases of 7 months ago will be disregarded at any point in time.

Best Regards,
    Aras
    Fei Dehao

Re: Recruitment Strategy - Going Forward

Post by Fei Dehao on Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:41 pm

Sounds good to me and I support this.

If I may make two suggestions though:
    - Based the rules 'relegation list' or 'danger list' might be more fitting than 'the first one to expel'. After all, there could potentially be several players on this list (probably in some order).
    - Are you sure about the 6 months? It seems quite long to me (well, I only played 2 months so far) and I would think that 3 months might be enough too.

Aras_Bey

Post by Aras_Bey on Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:13 pm

Fei Dehao wrote:Sounds good to me and I support this.

If I may make two suggestions though:
    - Based the rules 'relegation list' or 'danger list' might be more fitting than 'the first one to expel'. After all, there could potentially be several players on this list (probably in some order).
    - Are you sure about the 6 months? It seems quite long to me (well, I only played 2 months so far) and I would think that 3 months might be enough too.

Thanks for your input Fei!

I agree with your first suggestion. This is the idea I had in mind as well and the terminology you suggested fits the idea better.

For the second point, the idea is not punishing someone who has been a valuable member of alliance based on their performance of a poor month - whatever the reason may be. So I believe for this to be effective, we need to make the timeline slightly longer than 3 months. Let's hear other people's opinions as well and see what the majority thinks about it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:30 am